Aaron Howe

Default Counting months

I have been trying without success to use the MONTH function to calculate a
period of months between two dates. My aim is to take, say, cell A1 which
has 11/07/05 and deduct it from cell B1 which has 10/07/06 and for the result
to be 12 which it should be.

For the most part, MONTH(B1)-MONTH(A1) works fine. However, it doesn't work
when the total number of months exceed 12... I don't want to jam up my sheet
with formulae (the cell will be replicated 200 times), with IF statements and
concatenates...

Is there a simple and effective use for getting the month value in a period
of more than 12 months?