Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Emoshag[_2_] Emoshag[_2_] is offline

Default I need help writing a macro to replace cell contents. (new to VB)

Hello,

I am building an Oracle database and I am going to be using Excel to injest
the data. I am trying to give unique values to records and to do so I have
been hand copying rows between different worksheets and pasting the same GUID
(unique identifier) on matching column values between different worksheets.

I am desparately trying to find a time saving function or macro because this
task is taking way too long now that I am getting +50,000 records.

Is there a way to create a unique ID for a cell and then copy and paste
that ID into a cell in a specific row on another worksheet where a cell in
the target row is identical to a cell from the row where the ID is being
copied from?

I am desparate at this point, so if anyone has any ideas or needs more
information, I would be more thatn happy to provide it.