Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Calling an Excel/VBA User Created Module from WSH

Try,

Dim Result
Result = objXL.Run("test")

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"None" wrote in message
Hello

Suppose I have an Excel workbook named Book1.xls. Within this
workbook, there is a Module1 and within it, is the following
function:

function getValue(sym as String)
begin
//processing code..

getValue = 10
end

How can I call this function from a Windows Scripting Host
(WSH) script?

I have tried the following but I receive an error with the
message "Subscript out of range"

Dim ObjXL
Dim tmp
Dim Range

Set ObjXL = WSCript.CreateObject("Excel.Application")

ObjXL.Visible = true

objXL.WorkBooks.Open("C:\Book1")

Set tmp = ObjXL.Modules("Module1").getValue("hello")

//I have also used Modules(0) and Modules(1)

WScript.Echo tmp

Any help or hints is greatly appreciated.