Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Harald Staff Harald Staff is offline

Default Saving FileName

This depends on where the user's first and last name is found. But if it's a
username in Excel then something like

Sub test()
Dim sFile As String
sFile = Application.UserName & " " & _
Format(Date, "yymmdd") & ".xls"
MsgBox sFile
End Sub

You can't require anything from users without annoying them too much, but if
you construct a thing likte this as a default qualified guess for a "save
as" name then you'll get what you want and the users don't have to think or
work.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"CyndyG" skrev i melding
How do I creat code that would require the user to save the file in a

certain
format. Example Cindy Grover 041395.xls
This should be a daily prompt using first and last name and the date.
The user will be using a template.
Also would I create a button on the template that prompts the user?