Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default Changing cell values

Hi

if you'ld to post all your code then it might help figure out a solution
.... things to check in the meantime
tools / macro / macros - security set to medium or less and you choose
enable macros on open
in the immediate window type (VBE Window / view / immediate window)
application.enableevents = true
and press enter

--
Cheers
JulieD
"D" wrote in message
Hello.
I have a cell list of states, from data validation, that a user created
and
now would like when a user types the state or selects the state from a
drop-down list, it converts it to the abbreviation of the state. I have an
If
ActiveCell.Value = "Alabama" Then
ActiveCell.Value = "AL"
but it doesn't seem to be working. ??? Don't know why? I thought this
would
be easy but not sure now. Well hope you can help.
Thanks,