Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Getting a list of filenames

You can use teh multiselect property to allow the selection of multiple
filenames, using ctrl-clicks or shift-clicks:

Sub test()
Dim FName As Variant
Range("A1:A100").ClearContents
FName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel files(*.XLS),*.XLS", , , , True)
On Error GoTo NonSelected
Range("A1").Resize(UBound(FName)).Value = Application.Transpose(FName)
Exit Sub
NonSelected:
MsgBox "User cancelled"
End Sub

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"cottage6" wrote in message
Hello and HELP!
I'm using the following code to insert the selected filename into a cell.
What I really need is for the user to be able to select multiple files and

get those names into some sort of list so the user can select a file from
that group. Is that possible? Remember when giving me a solution that

I'm
not as slick as I could be creating code, so please include explicit
instructions! Thanks.

Dim FName As Variant
FName = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel files(*.XLS),*.XLS")
If FName < False Then
Range("A1").Select
ActiveCell = FName
Else