Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
David B. Elson David B. Elson is offline

Default Macros reassigned by XL?

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a way to keep Excel 97 from changing where it looks
for a macro when called from a button or a menu entry.

I.E.

If there are 2 or more workbooks opened with similar buttons or Menu
entries, Excel seems to default to running macros in the last workbook
opened. After that point, those buttons and menus will only run a macro if
that last workbook is opened, or all buttons etc. are manually reassigned to
the macros in the opened book.

It there either a way to prevent this, or to save the assignments somehow so
they can be restored without having to manually redo each one?

Thanks,
David

--
"We Are Grey. We stand between the dark and the light."