Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Where is ColorIndex table in Excel VBA Help

Randy:

each workbook has its own .Colors, an array of 56 rgb values
which can be modified by the user, via Tools/Options/Colors.

the colorindex property found in many excel objects points to that
array.

if you set a .COLOR property of an object to some specified RGB value:
the 'nearest' RGB value is searched in the .COLORS array and the INDEX
to that value (the COLORINDEX) is then stored with the object.
Note that your object will NOT be colored with that exact RGB value,
but by the RGB value in the workbooks.Colors() array at position
COLORINDEX.

If you want to create your 'housestyle' you must change the rgb values
in the workbook's colors array.

Since the order of the colorindexes in the default colors array is
'somewhat' haphazard (and imo has no obvious logic to it).

You'd expect that ColorIndex 5 would point to the 5th icon on the
'Palette' (the Fill Colors toolbar), but alas that is not so.

So therefor I use my ColorMap function.

--
keepITcool

RandyDtg1 wrote :

Thanks for all the help.
I can not find any ColorIndex table in Excel VBA Help, if you can
tell me where, that would also be great.

Thanks.