Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Hari Prasadh[_2_] Hari Prasadh[_2_] is offline

Default Automatic Downloading of files (PDF or HTML) using Excel

Hi,

I refined my search string ("download excel") and came across this
interesting stuff Tim
W --http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/1161e802e90d035d/03a9b27a93e87d02?q=download+excel&rnum=9#03a9b27a9 3e87d02
-- within the article -- Bulk Download of Excel Files --

In the article Tim suggests adding references to 5 VBA projects and out of
that am not able to find the following 2 --ms ado and ms msxml -- I searched
in the alphabetical order.

I tried both Microsoft ADO and MS ADO but to no avail. But I can see
Microsoft ADO Ext. 2.7 for DDL and security and many versions of Microsoft
Active X data Objects (2.0 thru 2.8 library) in my computer.

Similarly I can see Microsoft XML, Version 2.0 thru 3.0 but not ms msxml.

(I assume ms HTML object library and Microsoft HTML library are the same.)

Do I have to install anything extra to get the above 2 object libraries.

Please guide me.

I have Office 2002 (Win XP SP2)

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

"Hari Prasadh" wrote in message
Hi Amedee,

Thnx a Ton for your links, wud go thru them.

Additionally, would anybody have some inputs on how to accomplish the same
using EXCEL. I tried to search thru some posts in Google (search string --
web browser excel-- within programming group)but couldnt get far. Would
anybody have some past threads which might have done similar stuff.

Please guide me.

Thanks a lot,
Hari
India

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
Hari Prasadh shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

Hi,

Strange requests..

Not really...

*snip*

(As an aside, if there are smarter ways to do this outside of excel,
would be glad to know.)

http://www.tenmax.com/teleport/pro/home.htm
-- I used this one several years ago, it did the job just fine
http://www.bluesquirrel.com/products/webwhacker/
-- Tried it once, looked good.
http://www.spidersoft.com/webzip/default.asp
-- Never tried it but heard good comments.

Google for "offline browser" to find others.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
How to Report Bugs Effectively
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
answer.
http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...-with-yes-or-n
o-answers.html