Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_3_] Jim Thomlinson[_3_] is offline

Default Disabling 'File/Save' Menu Item

Why not just create the file as a template (.xlt) file at which point the
user can not save over the original and is forced to Save As. I see the
current method as being problematic. The Save feature would be gone for all
open spreadsheets. Not to mention you will need to get rid of Ctrl + S. If
the program crashes unexpectadly all is lost...

HTH

"Paige" wrote:

I would like to disable the File/Save menu item once a workbook is opened,
forcing a person to save the file under another name. I have code (see
below) to disable the File/Save As menu item, but cannot make one work for
disabling just File/Save. Can anyone assist with this?

Sub DisableSaveAsMenuItem()
With CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar")
With .Controls("File")
.Controls("Save As....").Enabled = False
End With
End With
End Sub