Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz Maury Markowitz is offline

Default Formula's don't work until I "touch" them?

I have a script that creates a series of formulas in a particular column in a
sheet. The exact formula needs to change depending on the machine it's run
on: on machines running Bloomberg it has to look like "=BLP|blabla", on
machines running Reuters it's "=BDDE|someotherblabla". I find out which to
use by looping over the AddIns list and looking for the plugins.

The code is pretty simple, I turn off autoupdates, loop over the cells and
put in the formula, then turn on autoupdates again. To put it into the cells
I use something like "theCell.Formula = theFormulaString"

However, this does not work. After turning on updates every cell reports
#N/A. This is easy to fix, all I have to do is click on the cell and then
press the checkmark in the edit bar -- note, I don't have to actually CHANGE
anything. This isn't a "solution" though, because there's 1000 rows in the
sheet.

Anyone know why this happens, and how to fix it?

Maury