Pank

Default Help with Countrows functionality within a Macro

I recently, found that I needed a mechanism to count the number of rows that
existed in each worksheet.

I discovered that the COUNTROWS functionality was just what I wanted.

I decided that I would insert the functionality into a macro, which is used
on a quarterly basis that basically, merges three sheets, then creates
individual sheets for each company and finally undertakes Page formatting.

Within the format macro I inserted the following:- (thank you to Dave Ramage)

Sub DoStuff()
Dim wks as Worksheet
Dim lLastRow as Long

For Each wks in Activeworkbook.Worksheets
lLastRow = wks.Range("A1").End(xlDown).Row
wks.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$K$" & lLastRow
wks.Cells(lLastRow + 1, 1).Formula = "TOTAL"
wks.Cells(lLastRow + 1, 2).Formula = "=COUNTROWS(A:A) €“ 2"
€˜the €“2 at the end is to discard one header line, and the countrows line
Next wks
End Sub

Unfortunately when I run it, I get a €˜Run-time error 1004 €“
Application-defined or object-defined error.

I have had a look at it, and word TOTAL is inserted in the last row in
Column A for the very first sheet only. It then gives the above error. The
line it seems to complain about is wks.Cells(lLastRow + 1, 2).Formula =
"=COUNTROWS(A:A) €“ 2"

Any suggestions would be most welcome

Regards

Pank