Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TDW TDW is offline

Default This'll stump you! Problem with Copy Sheet between Excel versions

Tom & Tushar, Thank You for your contributions!

Unfortunately, the problem has nothing to do with the workbook that is
created being shared. First, the macro bombs before getting to the command
that specifies the access mode. Second, the access mode on the newly created
workbook has to be shared in order to track changes. Third, the macro is only
accessible by one individual that has the 'master' workbook, the one with all
the worksheets, sitting on her computer.

The idea is that the macro will copy a subset of the sheets from the master
workbook, creating individual workbooks for each sheet in the subset. The
problem is that it bombs 'intermittently' on the first copy sheet command.

After much hair-pulling and head-scratching we were able to determine that
the user running the macro has restricted rights that caused the error. In
all cases and versions of Excel where it worked for me I was running it in an
environment that was either stand-alone or unrestricted access to network
resources. We were able to solve the problem on the client's computer by
ensuring the workbook was being saved and opened from their local hard drive
(not a network folder) and that the Tools Options General Default file
location also pointed to a folder on the local hard drive.

Again, Thank You for your input! If you would like more details please feel
free to e-mail me.

Sincerely,
tdw