Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default SumProduct Error?

Hi John

ranges in SUMPRODUCT have to be of equal size - so if you go into insert /
name / define and do your two ranges have the same number of rows?

additionally,
=SUMPRODUCT(--(NAICS_Industry="Electric Services"),--(Auditors="PWC"))

might be a more efficient way of writing the function - check out
for more details

--
Cheers
JulieD
"john" wrote in message
I am trying to use the SUMPRODUCT function but can't
understand why I am getting the #N/A error? This is the
syntax that I am using:

=SUMPRODUCT((NAICS_Industry="Electric Services")*
(Auditors="PWC"))

NAICS_Industry and Auditors are named ranges. They are
both valid because I can do a COUNTIF using both ranges
and it returns the correct value.

What makes this more frustrating is that if I replace the
NAICS_Industry range with a range called SIC_Industry, it
works.

Does anyone have a clue why this would do this?