Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
kdw kdw is offline

Default Why autoformat increases file size?

Thank you. I have not worked much with UsedRange before, but will now pay
closed attention.

"keepITcool" wrote:

if you use autoformat on the range A:H
then all cells in those columns are formatted..
from row 1 to 65536...

since the used range depends on formatting as well as content...
you now have a large usedrange.. and thus a large file size.

first:
clear the formatting on row 65536
then delete rows 101:65536
then save the file.

it "should" now be ok again.

and next time..
activesheet.usedrange.autoformat

--
keepITcool

kdw wrote :

I have a very small range of data (10 columns and about 100 rows) to
export to Excel. If I use AutoFormat like
wkbk.range("A:I").AutoFormat, then the file size is 3MB+, but if I
leave out this line, then the size is only about 17k. Anyone knows
why? I can get what I need using othe methods like NumberFormat, but
just curious to the why.

Thanks!