Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
JulieD JulieD is offline

Default Trouble with VLookup

Hi Rob

glad to hear you solved it!

--
Cheers
JulieD
....well i'm working on it anyway
"RobG" wrote in message
Hi Julie

I've just worked it out - I just needed a VLOOKUP formula to achieve what
was after, but convinced myself that I needed to do something more
complicated as I could not get it to work. It turned out that what I
really
needed to do was simplify my formula (the glitch was caused by
overcomplicated guidance in the book I was working from).

"JulieD" wrote:

Hi Rob

not sure what you mean about trying to create a script to do this ... i'm
interpreting "script" as "macro" ... so what exactly do you want to macro
do, put the drop down list in a cell, create the VLOOKUP formula or do
you
just want to use a VLOOKUP formula to achieve what you're after.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"RobG" wrote in message
I am trying to create a script that allows me to select one option from
long pull down list and automatically insert the corresponding text
from
the
next column in the source data into another cell. (Select the company
description code from the pull down list and the description text
appears
in
the cell below). I think it should be easy, but I am a bit of a
beginner
in
this area and this one keeps defeating me!

I am using Excel 2003.