Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Cone Jim Cone is offline

Default MsgBox not displaying right away

Ray,

You can use an API call...
Put this at the top of your module, above all subs and functions:

Public Declare Function MessageBox Lib "user32" _
Alias "MessageBoxA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _
ByVal lpText As String, _
ByVal lpCaption As String, _
ByVal wType As Long) As Long
'---------------------------------------------

Then call the message box something like this:

Sub DisplayMsgBoxOnTop()
Dim MsgResponse As Long
MsgResponse = MessageBox(hwnd:=0, lpText:="This is a Test", _
lpCaption:=" Test Message", _
wType:=vbOKCancel + vbExclamation)
End Sub
'---------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"Ray Kanner" wrote in message
I have the following code in my program.

myPDF.FileToPDF PSfilename, PDFfilename, ""
If Not FileExists(PDFfilename) Then _
MsgBox PDFfilename & " not created"

It is creating a PDF file from a PS (PostScript) file.
Everything is working fine with one exception.
If "PDFfilename" does not exist, and the code should
print out the message "PDFfilename not created", etc.,
the screen (kind of - the top blue part of the Excel
window) blinks, i.e. the message does not pop right up
(it's as if another program has the focus). I need to
click the mouse within Excel and then the message pops
up. What is happening and how do I get around this
problem?

Thanks

Ray -