Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart[_21_] Stuart[_21_] is offline

Default Chequer-box Pattern

For example, I've considered this:
Assume the columns to be headed numerically
1 2 3 4 5 etc
1 W G W G W
2 G W G W G
etc where W represents White and G grey.

If you add the 'coordinates' of each cell it seems that if the total is Even
then the cell is White, else Grey.
Col3:Row2 = 3,2 summed as 5, = Odd. = grey, etc

So could I use this in some way? An array?
Regards.

"Stuart" wrote in message
Yes it's simple. So simple that simple me cannot see it.

Whilst setting the pattern is simple, finding an efficient way
to determine which cell requires which pattern .... that is
more difficult for me.

Do I really have to cycle across "A1:Z1" alternating the pattern and then
repeat for each row ( or via sequential
columns)?

I was hoping there might be some more efficient way.

Regards.

"Mark" wrote in message
Something as simple as that might be best done through manually recording
the
macro rather than actually coding anything yourself.

"Stuart" wrote:

With the range ("A1:Z100") in the activesheet, I would like to create
alternating patterns in the cells using
ColorIndexes 2 and 15.
So A1=2 B1=15 C1=2
And A2=15 B2=2 C2=15 etc