Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default VBA problem pulling data out of variant/range input variables

what you show is a variable that references a range.

a named range named InputX would be

x = Range("InputX").Value

probably just a terminology thing.

I have never seen it return a range of empties, but I recall seeing a
knowledge base article which alluded to a problem with dates I believe in
this situation, but I don't know if it matches your situation and I can't
find the article. (sorry).

--
Regads,
Tom Ogilvy

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a VBA function that takes a named range as an input. The range
contains formulas with links to real-time fields. In the first line of
the function, I pull out the values field of the range: x =
InputX.Values (or x = InputX.Values2; both produce the same problem).
Usually this returns a Variant with the values in the range, but
occasionally it returns a Variant with empties in all the fields. Any
ideas what's causing this and how to prevent it?

Thanks,
Marc