Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Dates

Formatting the cell has no effect on how VBA interprets the date when
placing a value in the cell.

Post your code and perhaps someone can show you how to remove the problem.

Tom Ogilvy

"Jason Zischke" wrote in message
Dave, This will not solve my problem because I've made sure the the cells
that get these dates have been properly formated to "dd-mmm-yy" however
thanks for your reply.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I'm betting you're trying to format the date in your code.

How about just putting the date in the cell, then format that cell:

with activesheet.range("a1")
.value = date
.numberformat="dd-mmm-yy"
end with

(Although, I like to use 4 digit years!)

Jason Zischke wrote:

I Have a Problem with a Programme that I have created where when a

button is
pressed it puts today's date into a cell however towards the start of

every
month it mixes up the date for example 06-apr-05 will be entered as

04-jun-05
how can I stop this from Happening?

--

Dave Peterson