Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Kline[_3_] Don Kline[_3_] is offline

Default Setting Focus not working as expected

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the new complete code. Right now the cursor still moves to the next
field.

Private Sub TXBBasisPoints_AfterUpdate()
'Dim msgstring As TextBox
'Dim formatTXBasisPoints As Variant
intMax = Range("MaxLoan_Spread")
intMin = Range("MinLoan_Spread")
intValue = Range("Loan_Spread")
intDefault = Range("DLoan_Spread")
strMessage = "Enter a loan spread between " & intMin & " and " & intMax
& " basis points."
blnNumeric = IsNumeric(Me.TXBBasisPoints)
If blnNumeric Then
'value is numeric
MsgBox ("Hello")
'value is not numeric
Else
MsgBox ("Value is not numeric. Please enter a number")
Cancel = True
Me.TXBBasisPoints.SetFocus

If I rem out these two lines in the FALSE condition
Cancel = True
Me.TXBBasisPoints.SetFocus

and then include this:

Private Sub TXBBasisPoints_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
Cancel = True
Me.TXBBasisPoints.SetFocus
End Sub

That WILL leave the focus on the current control BUT I can never leave that
control as the Exit even returns the focus to the control.

I know I'm missing something obvious.