Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Setting Focus not working as expected

Maybe you could put that validation code in the txbBasisPoints_exit routine.
Then just put "cancel = true" and the user won't be able to leave.

Difficult to tell where this code is.

Don Kline wrote:

I am verifiying data by VBA. When it traps an error, I am trying to go back
to the control that caused the error. It's not working for me.

Code:
Select Case intLoan_Spread 'as entered in user form
Case Is intMaxLoan_Spread 'max is 1000
msgstring3 = "Maximum loan spread is " & intMaxLoan_Spread &
". " & msgstring3
MsgBox (msgstring3)
Me.TXBBasisPoints = intMaxLoan_Spread
Cancel = True
Me.TXBBasisPoints.SetFocus
Case Is < intMinLoan_Spread 'min is 100
msgstring3 = "Minimum loan spread is " & intMinLoan_Spread &
". " & msgstring3
MsgBox (msgstring3)
Me.TXBBasisPoints = intMinLoan_Spread
Cancel = True