Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rich[_27_] Rich[_27_] is offline

Default Hyperlinks on Protected Sheets

Thanks for the tip.

Works for me.

I was hoping to be able to hide the cursor, the sheet is a kind of
dashboard, but being able to click links is more important!

"keepITcool" wrote in message
.com...

when protecting the sheet:
turn ON :
allow users to select locked cells
allow users to select unlocked cells

then it works for me in xlXP and xl2003
in xl97 i also didnt have any problems.

cell:locked ON /hidden ON formula =hyperlink("http://microsoft.com")

--
keepITcool

Rich wrote :

Hi,

I have a protected sheet with some hyperlinks on it. However I am
unable to click on any of the hyperlinks.

The only protection option with anything to do with hyperlinks is the
Allow Insert Hyperlinks option, which has no effect.

My goal is to have a protected sheet with formulas hidden, yet the
user can click on hyperlinks.

BTW the Hyperlinks are inserted as worksheet formulas if that
matters...

Thanks
Richard