Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Thomlinson[_3_] Jim Thomlinson[_3_] is offline

Default Dealing with Pivot Detail Explosion

There are no pivot table events in 2000. I know there are some in 2003, but I
can not remember about XP... So it at least depends in part on what version
of Excel you are using...

"JPatrick" wrote:

Is there an easy way to capture when a user double-clicks a Pivot Data Item
to explode the details onto a new sheet? I would like to be able to flag the
sheet for later automated cleanup (deletion) and possibly give the sheet a
more meaningful name based upon the data clicked on.

I can forsee possibly using the double-click event together with the
.PivotCellType to set a public variable that can be "read" by the workbook's
NewSheet event, but I was hoping for something a little simpler.