Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Pete[_22_] Pete[_22_] is offline

Default How to check for the existance of a Sheet (or not)

Hi to all

I have writen a routine to analyse an e-telephone account
The idea is that it should create a new sheet (if it doesn't exist) for each
different telephone number it comes accross.
I use an error-check for the existance of the sheet. If an error occurs
(i.e. fails the 'Select' sheet line it then goes to the lable 'NoSuchSheet'
where it copies a template and then re-names it.

All works well if only one new telephone sheet needs to be created. ie On
Error works only once but 'bombs' the second time.

I am looking for an alternative way of checking for the existance of a sheet
without incurrring an error.

This snipit works if only one sheet is not in existance
For Each TelNo In rngTelNos
On Error GoTo 0
If TelNo < "" Then
SheetTelNoName = "Acc_" & TelNo
On Error GoTo NoSuchSheet
Sheets(SheetTelNoName).Select
On Error GoTo 0
GoTo FoundSheet
NoSuchSheet:
On Error GoTo 0
Sheets("Acc Template").Visible = True
Sheets("Acc Template").Select
Sheets("Acc Template").Copy After:=Sheets(2)
Sheets("Acc Template").Visible = False
Sheets("Acc Template (2)").Select
Sheets("Acc Template (2)").Name = SheetTelNoName
Sheets("All Accounts").Select
FoundSheet:
End If
On Error GoTo 0