Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Neal Zimm Neal Zimm is offline

Default Called subs versus functions

HI KL and thanks for the coding tips. As I said, I'm pretty new to this and
my method is at time to record a macro, and then generalize it.

BUT, my main question is still, what are the pro's and con's of using a
called sub versus a function?

Thanks, again.

"KL" wrote:

Hi Neal,

Somo lines in your code seem to be wasrefull. I would change your code like
this:

Sub zHide_rowrange(fromrow As Long, torow As Long)
Rows(fromrow & ":" & torow).Hidden = True

KL

"Neal Zimm" wrote in message
I'm relatively new to VB and Excel.
Below is an example of a 'utility sub' that I use. (vars are dim'ed in
declarations section.)

The mso HELP does not help efficiency or other factors concerning
choosing a sub or a function for code like this, or perhaps with some
'more'
processing.

What advice do you have? Thanks.

Sub zHide_rowrange(fromrow, torow)