Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Samuel Barnhouse Samuel Barnhouse is offline

Default Application activation and pasting

All,

I am trying to create a macro to select all data in a current workbook, copy
it to the clipboard, create a new workbook and paste the data into that
workbook. This is a sample of the code I am using:

Range(Selection, ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell)).Select
Selection.Copy
Workbooks.Add
Workbooks(2).Activate
Range("A1").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste

This code results in a new workbook being generated, the focus going to the
new workbook, but the paste command is pasted overtop of my original
spreadsheet... Any help would be appriciated.

Thank you,
Sam Barnhouse