Bob Phillips

Add this formula to a helper column, say B

=IF(COUNT(A2)0,"","Text")

and copy down.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

<a wrote in message ...
thnks.
it worked,
is there a way i can tell if its text or excel times?

"Biff" wrote in message
Hi!

If your times were real Excel times (numbers) then the histogram would
work. So, your times most likely are TEXT.

You may be able to convert them to real numeric times. Try this:

Select the range of cells that contain the "times".

GotoDataText to Columns
Click Next, Next, Finish.

Sometimes that will convert text times/dates to numeric times/dates.

Biff

<a wrote in message ...
hi,

I have a whole column of time values -- 9:30, 11:00, 12:30.... etc.

I want to analysis this data, finding the max time( latest time), min
time, mode time, and
create a histogram out of it.

excel will tell me that time is a non-numeric data and refuses to

create
the histogram.

any way around this?

thnks.