Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default programming excel 97 from .net 2003

If you just want to write out a "grid of data", write a .csv file (just a
text file with elements separated by commas).

Alternately, you can probably do it with ADO.Net (at least you can with its
predecessor, ADO, I believe).

Tom Ogilvy

"gabe" wrote in message
fredrik, thank you i will try a crosspost to that site,
are there other methods of writing an excel file (with excel 97 istalled)
based on a grid of data from with .net aside from PIAs?

"Fredrik Wahlgren" wrote:

"gabe" wrote in message
are you indirectly saying this cant be done?
yes the article says that, then my Question is about material that

Would
relate.
i understand that the code in the article doesnt work, i'm looking for
material that does.

I think it is possible to create PIA's for Excl97. at the very least. I

know
that David Thielen did so for an older version of MS Word. I think you
should try your luck at the

microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add-ins
newsgroup.

/Fredrik