Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart[_21_] Stuart[_21_] is offline

Default Textbox questions

Many thanks.

your answer to Q2 suggests that something I've been
looking at all weekend may be possible ... namely placing
an ActiveX textbox on a Userform

Q3 is that possible, and how?

Q4 if so, can I have both a standard textbox AND an
ActiveX textbox (both being the same size and
occupying the same position on the Userform) and
toggle between the two?

Regards.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
1. don't think you need to use copy. Just assign.

worksheets("Sheet1").Textboxes("Text Box 1").Text = _
Userform1.Textbox1.Text

If you run into problems with string length, then you can use the
characters
method to transfer the string 255 characters at a time.

2. The activeX textbox is positioned relative to the top left corner of
the
userform, so the top and left properties should do it.

Tom Ogilvy

"Stuart" wrote in message
2 questions, please:

1. Can I copy the contents of an ActiveX textbox on a
sheet to a textbox created from the forms toolbar?

2. Can I establish (in points) the top left corner of the
form's textbox, relative to the top left corner of the
form itself?

Regards.