Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DJB DJB is offline

Default Web Services using vba

This is the way I used to be able to connect but can no longer because I am
going through a terminal server that doesn't have Excel on the server so I
would have to have a way to send credentials, not only to the particular
database, but to log into terminal server and get the data back thru terminal
server...which I do not know if there is a way to do this. Thus..the reason I
was thinking it may be best to try to use a web service to connect to the
data through http.

djb

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

You should be able to use ADO

Dim strSQL1 As String
strConnect1 = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist
Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=MyDatabase;Data Source=MyServer"
Dim cnn1 As ADODB.Connection
Set cnn1 = New ADODB.Connection
cnn1.Open strConnect1
Dim rs1 As ADODB.Recordset
Set rs1 = New ADODB.Recordset

strSQL1 = "SELECT lastname, firstname FROM tbl_names "

rs1.Open strSQL1, cnn1, adOpenForwardOnly, adLockReadOnly
Do While rs1.EOF = False
do something here

rs1.MoveNext
Loop
rs1.Close
cnn1.Close

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"djb" wrote:
| Thanks for the reply. I used to be able to connect directly to a SQL
Server