Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron de Bruin Ron de Bruin is offline

Default VBA Password Msg Shows Up Mysteriously

Hi Jim and JK

See
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...oogle-desktop/

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Jim Rech" wrote in message ...
That's a good question. I've seen posts like this before but I haven't seen an answer. I wonder though if the problem occurs
when the user starts in "safe mode". From Start-Run enter "Excel /s" and press Enter (no quotes, there is a space before the
slash). This loads Excel without most add-ins, personal utilities or menu customizations. If the problem goes away that would
suggest that something being loaded is the cause.

/s does allow Com Add-ins to open unfortunately but VBE COM add-ins (if any) can be removed via the VBE's Add-ins, Add-in Manager
command.

--
Jim
"JK" wrote in message news:1cA3e.4015$Jn2.494@trnddc09...
Forgive me if this is not appropriate for this group, but I'm hoping someone might have an answer or can suggest someone who
might. My application (Excel 97 and newer, Win 97 and newer) computes numbers. The program works fine, but one customer is having
a mysterious problem. When he closes the application (.xls) he receives the VBA Password MsgBox that we typically get when we
open our password-protected code. He has to alt-delete it about 3-4 times to make it go away. He has no active add-ins, and is
not trying to open the code section. What in the world is going on? Please help if you can.

TIA

Jim Kobzeff