Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jim Rech Jim Rech is offline

Default VBA Password Msg Shows Up Mysteriously

That's a good question. I've seen posts like this before but I haven't seen
an answer. I wonder though if the problem occurs when the user starts in
"safe mode". From Start-Run enter "Excel /s" and press Enter (no quotes,
there is a space before the slash). This loads Excel without most add-ins,
personal utilities or menu customizations. If the problem goes away that
would suggest that something being loaded is the cause.

/s does allow Com Add-ins to open unfortunately but VBE COM add-ins (if any)
can be removed via the VBE's Add-ins, Add-in Manager command.

--
Jim
"JK" wrote in message news:1cA3e.4015$Jn2.494@trnddc09...
Forgive me if this is not appropriate for this group, but I'm hoping
someone might have an answer or can suggest someone who might. My
application (Excel 97 and newer, Win 97 and newer) computes numbers. The
program works fine, but one customer is having a mysterious problem. When
he closes the application (.xls) he receives the VBA Password MsgBox that
we typically get when we open our password-protected code. He has to
alt-delete it about 3-4 times to make it go away. He has no active
add-ins, and is not trying to open the code section. What in the world is
going on? Please help if you can.

TIA

Jim Kobzeff