Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Tom Ogilvy Tom Ogilvy is offline

Default Excel programming

Excel has a macro recorder. Turn on the macro recorder and build the chart
manually. then turn off the recorder and look at the recorded code. This
will give you some insights into the objects and methods of Excel (which is
the primary knowledge you lack if you have done VBA in Access). Do this
with other actions you might do in excel. Note that the recorded code will
echo what you do manually in terms of recording select and selection. In
most cases, in code you write you would not use select and selection, but
just refer to the object directly without selecting.

John gave you some good book references. If you want sample code, you can
checkout the MS Knowledgebase
http://support.microsoft.com

some examples:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...40&Product=xlw
XL97: How To Create a Dynamic Chart Using Visual Basic

http://support.microsoft.com/default...80&Product=xlw
XL2000: How to Use Visual Basic to Create a Dynamic Chart

http://support.microsoft.com/default...55&Product=xlw
Using Visual Basic to Create a Chart Using a Dynamic Range

and MSDN

http://msdn.microsoft.com

Of course you can also get help right here.

for charting examples see:
John Peltier's site
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...html#VBAcharts

Tom Ogilvy

"Jenny G." wrote in message
Hi Everyone,
I've worked with Access programing for a while, but now I
need to use Excel VBA to automate some data analysis with
some charts on the report. I am not sure where to start.
Can anyone suggest what book I should buy to get the
Excel programing knowledge? Or is there any Excel
automation examples that I can learn from? Thanks for any
suggestions?
Jenny