Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
quartz[_2_] quartz[_2_] is offline

Default MoveAfterReturn fails because sheet is protected

Jim,

Thanks for your reply. Events are not disabled anywhere in my code. The only
cells that are unlocked are those on a single row. It is strange that this
works if the sheet is not protected...

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

The code works fine on my machine... You mention that the code is in a sheet
module. Just to clarify... It is in a sheet? Not in a module.

Try putting break points on the procedures or put a message box in the
procedure just to make sure the events are firing.

Speaking of event firing... in your code anywhere do you toggle the

Application.enableevents = false

without setting it back.

Application.enableevents = true

If your events are off you are hooped and will have to reset them.

HTH

"quartz" wrote:

I am using Windows XP with Office 2003.
I have the following programs in a sheet module:

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Application.MoveAfterReturn = False
End Sub
Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Application.MoveAfterReturn = True
End Sub

But, when the sheet is activated, the cell pointer still moves after enter.
This failure only occurs if the sheet is protected. I want it to work when
the sheet is protected.
How can I get this to work?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.