Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
TK TK is offline

Default Connection using ADO

Hi Alvin:

I use the following to connect to Access from
Excel. Substtide your path ect and you should get
hooked up. If you need the rest of the code to
retrive the recordset post back.

'To use ADO objects in an application add a reference
'to the ADO component. From the VBA window select
'Tools/References< check the box
' "Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects 2.x Library"

'You should fully quality the path to your file

Dim db_Name As String
db_Name = ("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VB98\NWind.mdb")
Dim DB_CONNECT_STRING As String

DB_CONNECT_STRING = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _
"data Source=" & db_Name & ";" & ", , , adConnectAsync;"

'Create the connection
Dim cnn As New ADODB.Connection
Set cnn = New Connection
cnn.Open DB_CONNECT_STRING

If cnn.State = adStateOpen Then
MsgBox "Welcome to! " & db_Name, vbInformation, "Good Luck TK"
End If

Good Luck
TK