Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard Buttrey Richard Buttrey is offline

Default Summing the last records of every month.

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 13:02:53 -0500, "Tom Ogilvy"
wrote:

Really, it doesn't appear that you want the last day of the month at all.
As I see it, you actually want the last account record for each month
regardless of which day it is posted on which may not be the last day of the
month. I assume it isn't necessarily and probably isn't the max record in
that month for that account since accounts can have a withdrawal.

Tom,

You are indeed correct in that I do in fact want the last date record
in each month.

You're also correct in that the last date record might be smaller than
a previous record in the same month because of a withdrawal, hence the
max record isn't necessarily the same as the last record.

Hope this helps. I'm beginning to think that I might need to code a
bit of VBA to work it out, but I'd like to avoid if possible since
Excel formulae are more easily understood and viewable by people who
make use of the workbook.

Rgds

__
Richard Buttrey