Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Adam Adam is offline

Default Copying Formats vs Formatting Programatically

Unfortunately we did as much as we could to use ranges, and screen updating,
and yet it seems that copying still seems to out paces the programatic.

Any other thoughts?

"Simon Shaw" wrote:

Hi Adam,

A couple of notes:
1. try applying your formatting in blocks so you are not applying it to each
cell.
2. have you turned of screenupdating? Application.ScreenUpdating = False
- you need to set it back to True at the end of your procedure(s)

"Adam" wrote:

Can anyone speak to the performance issues between copying and pasting a
range of formats vs programmatically setting formats? It seems that it is
much faster to copy and paste, than looping through a range, and I am
wondering if anyone has any input on this.

We currently keep a template sheet, but I would like to move away from this.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Adam