Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Richard Buttrey Richard Buttrey is offline

Default Summing the last records of every month.

In a database table I have records which contain a date number and
several other value fields. There's usually one record for every day,
but not necessarily.

The daily value fields are cumulative monthly values for the month in
question, with each month's value fields starting afresh at zero.

I need a formula to sum the final records, of each month between two
dates, (usually the start of the year and the current date). i.e. I
want the values from the last date record in each month to be summed,
ignoring all the other records preceding it in the same month.

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?
I'm experimenting with array formulae, which I feel will be the
answer, but am struggling a bit. Only in the final analysis would I
want to write some VBA code to do the job.

Usual TIA,

Rgds,
__
Richard Buttrey