Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
keepITcool keepITcool is offline

Default Adding hyperlink after the existing data in the cell

afaik a cell can contain only 1 hyperlink
and yes.. the whole cell will react to a click.

if that is not conform your requirements,
then I'm afraid it cannot be done the way you require.

excel can do a lot.. but it cannot do everything.
maybe you have to put the hyperlinks in separate cells.

--
keepITcool

helpwithXL wrote :

thanx for your reply keepITcool.
It solved the problem whose answer i sought but the code u gave me
makes all the data in the cell (existing and hypertext) as the link.
so after implimenting your code, i can click on the text data also to
follow the link, which does not conform to my requirements. so
essentially i mean that if hyperlink is appended to the existing, user
should be able to follow the link only when he clicks on the hyperlink
and not on the existing text data. is it possible to separate text
data and hyperlink.
Also when I try to put more than 1 hyperlink, it does not work . I
mean that i can get the text of hyperlink but the link is only made
for the last hyperlink. so if text1 is the existing text, h1 is the
1st hyperlink, h2 is the 2nd hyperlink and h3 is the 3rd hyperlink,
then i can see all the text of text1,h1,h2,h3 in the selected cell
but link is only made for h3. and this link for h3 can be followed by
clicking anywhere in the cell, that is if i click on either text1 or
h1 or h2 , i still get to the address of h3.
sorry for such a big post but i wanted to be as clear as possible.