Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
HeatherO HeatherO is offline

Default Late Binding issues when closing workbooks

Hi Tom,
I have posted the code above for Dick. It's alot of code though to go
through. Anyways I understand you were illustrating a point. I have however
stepped through the code and it all goes well the first time everything runs
smoothly. When I go to run it again the files are locked or empty, and it
looks when I go to my task manager after running it the first time like it
didn't shut down the application. When I stepped through it though it did
step into the AppXL.quit command but it isn't shutting down the excel
application. Could there be a reason why the AppXL.quit command would not
work in shutting down the application?? This is why my workbooks remain
locked with the ghost references.
Thanks again for everyone's help.
Heather

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

I was trying to illustrate a concept. If you have an example that actually
causes the problem, post away.

Tom Ogilvy

"Bob Phillips" wrote in message

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Since Word has a range object, let's adjust it to

But it doesn't have a Range(cell) object, so it bombs as you wrote it.