Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tjtjjtjt tjtjjtjt is offline

Default Copy cells down

Couple of quick questions:

Will cell B7 contain data?

B7 will always be empty.

Will cells B8:B12 always be the same size, in other words, will it always be
4 days, or will it flucuate?

It will fluctuate.

The names will always be in column A?
Not necessarily but usually.

Dates will always be in column B?

Yes.

"tjtjjtjt" wrote in message
I'm returning to Excel VBA after a brief introduction to it some months
ago.
Using Excel 2000.
I have a report that I import into Excel. I want to transform it into a
Excel List.
First I need to copy any value in Column A down while the cell in Column B
for the same row contains data.
I then need to clear the cell that was orignally copied.
Last, I need to take the information in Column A and delete all rows in
the
UsedRange for which Column A is blank.

An example:
Cell A7 contains a name.
B8:B12 contain the dates the person will work.
I want the person's name to appear in A8:A12, and then clear cell A7.
Then, I would like Excel to find the next name and repeat the process. The
first person will always be in A7, but names after that will be in
different
cells weekly.

I think I need some combination of offset, if and a do loop, but I've been
unable to come up with anything that even gets close.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
tj