Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tjtjjtjt tjtjjtjt is offline

Default Copy cells down

I'm returning to Excel VBA after a brief introduction to it some months ago.
Using Excel 2000.
I have a report that I import into Excel. I want to transform it into a
Excel List.
First I need to copy any value in Column A down while the cell in Column B
for the same row contains data.
I then need to clear the cell that was orignally copied.
Last, I need to take the information in Column A and delete all rows in the
UsedRange for which Column A is blank.

An example:
Cell A7 contains a name.
B8:B12 contain the dates the person will work.
I want the person's name to appear in A8:A12, and then clear cell A7.
Then, I would like Excel to find the next name and repeat the process. The
first person will always be in A7, but names after that will be in different
cells weekly.

I think I need some combination of offset, if and a do loop, but I've been
unable to come up with anything that even gets close.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--
tj