Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Yabbadoo Yabbadoo is offline

Default Need data

TOM - good to see you again! Thanks for this - had already (just) found it
myself. Slight drawback - can't find an ENGLISH list - all the data I've
acquired is US English, not helpful as many spellings are incorrect (good
old Webster!).
I'm posting again, same question, but different route ...just realised
dictionary ids already available on my pc!
Sincerely, Len

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
http://wordlist.sourceforge.net/

Tom Ogilvy

"Yabbadoo" wrote in message
Hi - I'm a relative novice, and need help.

I need a "dictionary" list of words (without definitions, just a word

list,
about 30,000 English words)

Can you point me to a source?

I'd like to create alpha Excel lists (up to 26) which can subsequently be
queried using combination of known and "?" wildcards. Rather than key in

an
entire dictionary, thought there must be a word list database somewhere
(Googling hasn't been successful).

If I'm in the wrong place, I apologise. This is probably an Access
application but I'm more comfortable with Excel programming.