Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming,microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Ed Ed is offline

Default Help with Excel table pasted in Word?

I regularly copy tables created in Excel and paste them into Word. I have a
macro which creates a text box and pastes in the Excel bit using
Selection.PasteSpecial Link:=False, DataType:=wdPasteOLEObject,
Placement:=wdInLine, DisplayAsIcon:=False

But it seems the link back to the original Excel file still exists. If I
double-click the Excel table (usually by accident), it opens in Excel. I
realize this is by design, although I've specified Link:=False. But when I
click out of it, the look and format of the table as originally pasted is
gone, and I have to delete that and re-paste in the table.

All I want is to have the table created in Excel pasted into Word,
preserving all text and cell formatting. I don't need a link back to the
program, and I don't need the potential for my formatting to disappear by
accidental double-click, leaving my report reader to wonder about what they
were supposed to be seeing in that table.

What would be a better way to do this?

Ed