Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default No file when Save As is executed

The application.getsaveasfilename has a parameter that can be used to specify
the initial name (if you want to "suggest" a name to the user).

If you don't want to suggest a name at all, you can use:

fFilter = "Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls"
SaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(InitialFileName:="", _
fileFilter:=fFilter)

And if you want to let excel suggest what it wants to suggest:

fFilter = "Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls"
SaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(fileFilter:=fFilter)

uriel78 wrote:

I've got a question on this argument...How can I do to obtain a routine
similar to the one you posted, which allows me to enter the name of the file
in the same way I do when I choose "save as" from Fyle menu.. instead of
typing it in the macro
I mean I need sthg to subsitute the line

NewName = "P2 LogHistory Shift"

with a call for the windows displaying "save as"...

Thanks in advance

"Dave Peterson" ha scritto nel messaggio
This line:

SaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename _
(NewName, fileFilter:=fFilter)

only returns the name of the file the user chose--it doesn't do the actual

save.

Sub RenameFilenameUponClose()

Dim SaveName As variant '<--changed
Dim fFilter As String
Dim NewName As String

NewName = "P2 LogHistory Shift"
fFilter = "Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls"
SaveName = Application.GetSaveAsFilename _
(NewName, fileFilter:=fFilter)

if savename = false then
'use cancelled--what to do?
else