Tom Ogilvy

That didn't work any differently in older versions. The pastespecial
columnwidths as a separate option was added in xl2000 as I recall.

ColumnWidth is an attribute of the entire column. RowHeight is an attribute
of the entirerow. Since you are not copying the entirecolumn or entirerow,
that format is not copied.

Tom Ogilvy

"Kassie" wrote in message
Could never figure that one out myself! glad I coul have been of

assistance

"Kingstonsean" wrote:

Thanks. Sorta makes you wonder what "All" is for...

"Kassie" wrote:

Hi

You can actually copy the column widths, but you have to repaste as

Special,
and then select Column Widths. So you do CtrlC, go to destination,

right
click on Paste Special, select All, click on OK, right click on

destination,
select Paste Special, click on column widths, and then on OK.

I do not know about row heights though.

"Kingstonsean" wrote:

If I copy a range of cells (either one row, or several rows and

colums) from
one work sheet to another the shading, font, data, borders, etc, all

copy
over to the new worksheet, but the column widths and row heights do

not copy
over. It seems that in older versions of Excel (I'm using Office

2003) I
could use Paste Special|Formats, but this doesn't seem to work in

Office
2003. Any suggestions?