Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Stuart[_23_] Stuart[_23_] is offline

Default Sheet Information

Works perfectly, many thanks........

stuart

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
You seemed clear enough. That is why I suggested OnAction

Dim obj as Shape

range("A1").select
for each obj in Worksheets("Sheet1").Shapes
activecell=obj.name
On Error Resume Next
activecell.offset(0,1)=Obj.OnAction
On Error goto 0
activecell.offset(1,0).select
next obj

Tom Ogilvy

"Stuart" wrote in message

I don't think that I am explaining what I am after very well so maybe

the
following made up code will show you what i am after

range("A1").select
for each object on worksheet
activecell=object.name
activecell.offset(0,1)=object.assignedMacro
activecell.offset(1,0).select
next object

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote in message
Look at help at the OnAction property.

For activeX objects, these have events and there would be no specific

tie
the object other than through the location and name of the event

procudure.
But it sounds like you may not have a lot of this.

Tom Ogilvy

"Stuart" wrote in message
Is it possable to write a list of all the objects within a workbook

and
any
links that they may have with Macros (subs).

To explain the problem, I have a very important workbook that has

been
written over many many years, it now contains about 300 macros

running
around 20000 lines of code. Some of these macros are undoubtedly no

longer
used, and before I delete any, I wish to check that they are not

linked
any buttons or objects anywhere within the workbook, I can easily

check
the
modules to see if they are called from other macros however I would

like
check that no button still points to them!