Tom Ogilvy

even for 60 years, counting at the 1 day resolution wouldn't seem to be very
meaningful (a bunch of 1 occurance columns). Seems like counting some
grouping like consecutive 30-day months or weeks with some rounding rule
would be more meaningful?

Tom Ogilvy

"Templee1" wrote in
message ...

I am an undergraduate student doing climatological research and am using
an Excel spreadsheet to compile daily precipitation data for a 60-year
period for a specific weather station. I would like to use a formula
that would count the number of consecutive days in which the amount of
precipitation was equal to 0 so that I could construct a histogram
showing the frequency of short and long term drought.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you.

--
Templee1