Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Maury Markowitz Maury Markowitz is offline

Default Can never edit my projects, everything is always "read-only mo

"David McRitchie" wrote:

Look at Window menu to see if it is creating additional workbooks
which may be list or you may have to also look at hidden workbooks.

Nope, this is not the problem. I can cause the same problem simply opening
Excel. Since the file in question is part of the AddIns, the file becomes
locked as soon as ANY spreadsheet is open.

Can you tell what file or resource is being held.

The file being held is the file we are trying to work on,
"autodatabase.xla". The name is meaningless. It is stored on the network
drive and included by default

I don't do anything on a network.

I have a feeling that Microsoft doesn't either!

Maury